AIM
jarvidy

Tower of Heaven Tower of Heaven

Know the kid who made this game

Was just in the car coming home from cheesecake factory bro night, we were talking about indie games and one friend mentioned tower of heaven., and he piped up and said that he made it. Brought back a lot of memories of the beautiful Dave Zhang and his Cave Story fetish. Remembered planning a game with the creator "Tadakuni Amano" but then quit when the design plan changed from side scrolling beat em' up to platformer. Sadly the Jake Metchick fight em all game will never be made.
About the game, the things I like about the graphics are more due to the fact that I remember seeing Zhang make them in between doing cave story photoshop paintings. There is a lot of depth to his skills as an artist. The color scheme is fantastic in it's minimalistic approach and how well he uses the limited palette he set out for. He also has a beautiful voice.
The guy who programmed and designed the game originally is a goof. Buy his rap album Dank or Die if you get the chance.

Sudoku! Sudoku!

Very nice...

Nice enough to be stolen by a site that rhymes with peeBong's.

I digress into the review, Its cool that there are a lot of randomly generated sudokus, and that had i cool 3d intro, and, and and, and ect...

There are a lot of sudoku games but this one had more style in the setup of it. What was that thing with the score it was constantly going up.... well... good job!

Zen1th responds:

Thanks for the concern mate, I know it has been stolen a lot, the funny thing about it is though that the version that resides here is not optimal. As you've probably read in other reviews it sometimes ends up with situations where you can have multiple solutions. The version that resides on my own website (which is protected from thievery), does not have that problem ;). Kind of the one positive thing that comes with the bug I guess.

The counting up was a little decision thing. I decided to make the score get higher instead of lower over time and the lower your score the better.

Novice tutorial(Sprites)¹ Novice tutorial(Sprites)¹

Curve fit: pixels

Engalde responds:

What

3D planet tutorial 3D planet tutorial

I knew how to do this before

Its pretty easy and you explained it very well but... I believe that the continents and the oceans should be on seperate layers.

Territory WAR Territory WAR

Im good at this :)

I beat 6 wades with my 2 afro ninjas in the wastland, and I beat all of the campaigne missions!!!!!!

Runaway Kart Runaway Kart

I smashed into so many buildings!!!!!

It must be a record!!!!

Denvish responds:

Maybe I should make a scoreboard for # of buildings destroyed =D

Warbears Warbears

Woot!

I got an A rank, an A rank!

Flash Tutorial on Shading Flash Tutorial on Shading

Nice tutorial but...

That is the stupidest and most tedious thing you can ever do. >:(

Sneakers responds:

thing is ....say you done the drawing...and added the shading...and later wanted to change the colour of something on the picture...the shaded layer will already be there and you wouldn't have to dig up the darker colour for the shading. I know it's a long way, but it works. I use this and another shading technique.

Spam Commando Spam Commando

I saw "do you call my name collab"

That gets you extra points.... and it was funny that sneakers was an elevator! :)

number munchers number munchers

Well... get some origanality...

I remember playing number munchers before and they had like 10 versions... soooo you seemed to have copyed the number map completely and the character design completely.... sooo.....yeah